Newborns and Chiropractic
The little ones have needs as well. The birthing process can be traumatic to both the mother and the child. Going through the birth canal creates numerous opportunities for structural trauma.
Arguably the most important structural region of the human body is in the brainstem. The brainstem, located at the base of the skull, is vital in the management of numerous critical autonomic (automatic) neurological controls. If a baby sustained an injury to the base of the skull the child can and will likely experience symptoms from one or more of the cranial nerves. The cranial nerves are vital in controlling numerous critical functions: The cranial nerves control such things as hearing, visual, and smell. They also control facial function and motion including smiling and eye movements. The most important cranial nerve is the vagal nerve which controls and balances all the organs, from the heart to the intestines, as well as critically important in the primitive emotional controls.
Some of the conditions for which the cranial nerves are the direct cause and therefore very treatable with Chiropractic Care, including birthing traumas such as:
- Torticollis (head and neck twisted to one side) CN 11
- Facial Drooping or Paralysis CN 7
- Eye Alignment and Control CN 2-3-6
- Tongue Tie: most tongue tie is treatable without surgery with functional repair of CN 9-10-12
- Ear Infections: often the result of a functional drainage issues
- Colic, Constipations and Other Organ health issues CN 10
All infants should receive their “New To This World Adjustment” at no charge. All babies deserve to start off on the right foot.
Children and Chiropractic
When a child sustains a birth trauma, they can sustain minor neurologic irritation which builds progressively as the child ages. For all the reasons previously mentioned, a minor cranial nerve (CN) irritation can present itself as a childhood health condition.
- Dyslexia: any visual tracking disturbance CN 2-3-6
- Anger / Emotional Imbalances: the frontal (forehead) contains emotion centers and or the vagal nerve is vital in emotional balance
- Facial Tics: unwelcome face and head movements are neurological irritations and hyperfunction
- Food Allergies: food can cause numerous health issues from emotional to digestive
- Anxiety: this condition effect seemingly more and more people every year. Anxiety is most frequently a side effect of an imbalance in the Pituitary and how it balances with the other hormone organs. A specific cranial adjustment can be your solution.